Few topics in the Catholic Church are more misunderstood than annulments. To some, both Catholics and non-Catholics alike, it is synonymous with "Catholic divorce." Written in everday language, Annulments and the Catholic Church is an invaluable resource for lay people who want to understand this challenging issue and pastoral leaders who need to offer guidance on questions of theology and canon law. This book addresses the most common questions people have about annulments, including:
- How is an annulment different from a divorce?
- Are there too many annulments granted today?
- Does the length of a marriage affect an annulment case?
- How do people begin the annulment process?
- Does a wedding between a Catholic and a non-Catholic require an annulment?
- Is alcoholism or physical abuse grounds for an annulment?